for Sierra DOS games
V1.01 © 2001 by Kalgon
This SoundBlaster patch, SBSIERRA.EXE by Kalgon - Black Bird Entertainment, fixes
the SB autodetect bug with fast machines above 486
version 1.01 (ZIP File) [4,379 bytes]
- Make a backup of SNBLAST.DRV
- Copy SBSIERRA.EXE into your game directory
- Be sure your BLASTER environment is set (type "SET" to check)
- Run SBSIERRA.EXE
- Space Quest 1 : She Sarien Encounter (SCI)
- Space Quest IV : Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (Disk Version)
- King's Quest 1 : Quest for the Crown (SCI)
- King's Quest V : Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
- Jones in the Fast Lane
- Check your BLASTER environment, if it is not correctly set, SBSIERRA won't patch the game. Typical BLASTER environment for a SBAWE64, type : SET BLASTER=A220 I5 H5 P330
- You should have a file named SNDBLAST.DRV in your game directory. If you don't, the game you're trying to patch either works with AUDBLAST.DRV (which a newer version can
be downloaded from Sierra) or works with AdLib emulation (select AdLib from the installation program).
- If you did copy your game from a CD, the SNDBLAST.DRV file may be read-only. To remove it, type : ATTRIB -R SNDBLAST.DRV
- Your sound Card HEX port address is not 0x0220 and you've got a problem because I didn't implement support for those cards... Only IRQ is fixed this version, please contact
me if you really need an improved version of this patch.
© Copyright 2001 - Black Bird Entertainment
You can help keep The Sierra Help Pages alive by helping to defray some of the costs of hosting this site. If it has been
of help to you, please consider contributing to help keep it online.
Home | Sierra Game Help
| Walkthroughs | Hints, Tips & Spoilers
| Utilities | Links
| Forums | Search
© 2006 to present The Sierra Help Pages. All rights reserved. All Sierra games, artwork and music © Sierra.