Switch to full style
Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Post a reply

Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Tue May 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Because the original Sierra Screen Shot Game has exceeded 200 pages; I spoke with Collector and thought it would be fun to create individual "game" themed screen shot games. This would also allow people who are more familiar with specific games to feel more comfortable trying to guess the screen shots.

So the idea of the game is, you post a cropped screen shot from one of the games for this section of the forum (in this case, QUEST FOR GLORY). Everyone's entitled to guess; and gets one guess only, until they're told that they're wrong or correct. The correct guess allows that person who guessed correctly to post their cropped screen shot for others to guess.

But because this version limits it to the games; it would go too quick trying to guess which game it's from. Instead, there's two alternate ways to guess the cropped screen shot being shown. You can either 1. Post the full screen as your guess (from which the screen capture is coming from, which is usually a sure win, if you got the right screen). Or 2. You can write down a text explanation of the screen shot's location. (For example, you might say, "That cropped screen shot is from GAME01, it's the scene where the CHARACTER'S HOUSE is on fire." or something like, "That's GAME01, where the INVENTORY ITEM is picked up from." Something that shows you know - or think you know! - where that screen crop shot is from). NOTE: if you post a screen shot answer, you do not need to say which game it's from. However, if you're answering by text (no screen shot), then you will have to guess the game and the location of the screenshot.


You can share this on twitter (or FB, or where ever to get others to join us here) by using the url: http://tinyurl.com/QFGScreen

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Wed May 15, 2013 10:35 am

Image2.png
Where in QFG is this from?
Image2.png (138.66 KiB) Viewed 10398 times

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Sun May 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Image

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Mon May 20, 2013 1:01 am

Correct! Was surprised to see Rudy not respond to this first! You're up!

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Mon May 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Image

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Tawmis wrote:Was surprised to see Rudy not respond to this first!


QfG is what I know least about... for now ;)

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Mon May 20, 2013 6:30 pm

The Chernovy swamp
Attachments
QfG4.png
QfG4.png (58.07 KiB) Viewed 10308 times

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Mon May 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Rudy wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Was surprised to see Rudy not respond to this first!


QfG is what I know least about... for now ;)

That is what I thought, given that it is the series that you have talked about the least. It is also the most bugged. You will absolutely will want to use my installers for this series when you take it on.

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Collector wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Was surprised to see Rudy not respond to this first!

QfG is what I know least about... for now ;)

That is what I thought, given that it is the series that you have talked about the least. It is also the most bugged. You will absolutely will want to use my installers for this series when you take it on.


It also had the most amount of options and variables in any Sierra game, I imagine, between the stats of characters, being able to be three different characters, increasing stats, etc. I'd wager that's probably what makes it the most buggy; so many wild elements that make it different than any other Sierra game; and then add that you can import your save games into each NEW game.

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Mon May 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Oh, it is perfectly understandable why they had so many bugs. They were far, far more complex than the normal SCI games. This added complexity introduces many more places for bugs to creep in. But that complexity is also why they are so replayable. While predominately adventures, the heavy RPG elements add to that complexity. As you say, managing/tracking stats.

Some of the QfG games have to be played a minimum of four times to be able to see a majority of the game. There are parts that you only get to play as a thief class; parts that you only get to play as a fighter; parts that you only get to play as a mage and parts that you only get to play as a paladin. If you take into account hybrid classes, it make for even more ways to play the games. The continuity of being able to import you character from a previous game adds both more complexity, and increased enjoyment.

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Tue May 21, 2013 1:54 am

Collector wrote:Some of the QfG games have to be played a minimum of four times to be able to see a majority of the game.


That is also a big reason why I haven't added them to the Chest yet. Because I would need to replay it nearly 20 times to get it all (text walkthrough, screenshots, videos, all the bits).

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Tue May 21, 2013 6:50 am

Collector wrote:The Chernovy swamp


Correctomundo!

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Tue May 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Next:
Attachments
Quiz.png
Quiz.png (5.22 KiB) Viewed 10265 times

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Quest for Glory 1 VGA, inside the healer's hut.

Re: Quest for Glory - Where Am I From? Screen Capture Game.

Tue May 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Correct
Post a reply