The Hero-U Help Thread

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: The Hero-U Help Thread

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:02 am

Datadog wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 am
Is that the end of Katie's quest, then? ;)
Sorry for the late reply (was on vacation), but no, beating the pirate captain isn't the end of the quest. All he does is give you the key, and maybe his hat. :D

The whole point of the treasure hunt is to help Katie get past the locked door beyond the sea serpent. You'll need all parts of the key detailed in the map to open it, including the Captain's key, the Tattooed skull (Katie finds it if you beat the captain), and the Dead's Man Chest gem (which you need to trigger the pirate captain quest anyway). Then, once you're inside the locked door... that's a post for another day.
Welcome back! I hope you had a good holiday. :) Where did you go?

Hmm, I don't think that I have the Dead Man's Chest gem - at least I'm not too sure. As for the locked door beyond the sea serpent ... hmm, hold on - I think I freed the sea serpent once. Is that what you're getting at?

Also, where do I meet Katie during all this? Would she be down in the tunnels, or in the games room, or ...? I'm confused (again, nothing new there!) ;)

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:02 am
Welcome back! I hope you had a good holiday. :) Where did you go?
Dubrovnik, Croatia, for a wedding. :)
Hmm, I don't think that I have the Dead Man's Chest gem - at least I'm not too sure. As for the locked door beyond the sea serpent ... hmm, hold on - I think I freed the sea serpent once. Is that what you're getting at? Also, where do I meet Katie during all this? Would she be down in the tunnels, or in the games room, or ...?
Here's my full playthrough of this section to my recollection. A lot of it seemed to be buggy or based on trigger events, so I'm not sure how to initiate everything, but this is the order of events from my side. It's a fairly large quest - possibly the biggest in the game - so if something doesn't work, I can't help with that. It might mean Katie doesn't like you. :P

1. When the sea caves first became available (after helping the Qwirk), I spent a couple days exploring all the unobstructed passages. During that time, I found part of a map either in a chest or on a body.

2. In the next few days, Katie met me over dinner to confide in me about her map. I showed her my half. In the following days, her map was stolen and I helped recover it from Sosi's room and gave it back to her.

3. As mid-term approached, I found her in the sea caves by the waterfall. We agreed to look for the treasure together, but I had to find a gem from a "Dead Man's Chest" first. I found this gem on a corpse near the entrance to the Gog-Gate, hidden inside the dead man's rib cage, and returned it to her.

4. For the next part of the treasure hunt, she asked if I wanted to find the Tattooed Skull or the Captain's Key. I picked the Captain's Key and wound up fighting a bunch of gogs, blowing up the Gog-Gate, fighting the zombie crew, and beating the captain at Poobah in order to win both the Key AND his hat.

4b. On my first playthrough, I ran into a bug where I found the Tattooed Skull before talking to Katie and it barred me from completing the quest. But if you pick going after the Skull, Katie will deal with the pirates. The Skull itself is in a booby trapped chest at the bottom of a hole you'll need to climb down in the room just after the serpent.

5. Then I had to track down Katie at the locked door. To get past the serpent, I rope-walked across the chasm, climbed the cliff, took the dried fish from the altars, and fed them to the serpent to distract him. In the next room, I fought some drats and went another room down to find Katie.

5b. Part of a side-quest here is that you can blow up the ceiling above to knock out the serpent, and then use three Big Bombs to blow up the dam and set the serpent free (after full-potioning it back to health, of course). You get a good all-stat-boosting ring for it.

6. When I found Katie at the locked door, I gave her the Key and we solved the door-opening puzzle. Once inside, I wore the Captain's Hat to keep the zombies from attacking me, and then I ordered them to follow me into the next room and help me with the final boss inside.

7. And then we got treasure! As a reward, I picked a Stealetto dagger for my troubles.
Box of Mystery, Adventure Games, Cartoons, Books and more!

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:55 pm

I feel like I am reading a redacted FBI document. :lol:

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks, Datadog! I hope you enjoyed the wedding! :)

I did go through the serpent room once, knocked him out, re-potioned him and got the all-stats-boosting ring. I just couldn't bear doing that again, since I'm so close to being in Katie's good books. ;)

And Tawm ... :lol:! We don't want to spoil you! :D

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:33 am

Hooray! Datadog, after trying again three or four times, I finally got through everything that you mentioned and took the Stealetto for my very own. Yay! \o/

Should I try to take anything else? Like the cloak or the other thing from the treasure hoard? :D

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Congratz! The only thing I took was the stealetto. Having a magical dagger really helps with fights in the catacombs.
Box of Mystery, Adventure Games, Cartoons, Books and more!