Forum Suggestions/Problems.

Notices and what's new on SHP and the forums

Re: Forum Suggestions/Problems.

Postby Tawmis » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Collector wrote:One more. I realize that a lot of people that used to come here on a regular basis have abandoned us for Facebook, but I have to wonder if we have lost people because they got tired of all of the errors and time outs.

I think Facebook is the biggest thing for loss, without a doubt. When Facebook took off, my forum - which was much more personal - evaporated. Everyone took to Facebook - where they could share and post photos, and create Facebook pages, or even Facebook groups. My problem is that people on FB also tend to shove, whether intentionally or unintentionally, their political views (whether it's gay marriage, abortion, gun control, etc). And I find myself at odds more and more with people I considered friends. So I typically use FB now, strictly for the pages I created to promote things (posting only in those pages for the most part) or in groups, just because it has a wide reach.

I am sure the errors don't help - but, as someone who saw his own forum die - and also watched my NewWarriors.com forum shrink as people flocked to FB, I'd say that the errors probably have a very, very, very small reason for the decrease of people. But wouldn't say they have nothing to do with it, either.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Postby Tawmis » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

If you want, I can help do this for you?

Arvixe wrote:Hello,
I understand, we do have a limit on migrations when changing servers. We can open an alternate account on a different server for you to manually move things. We usually give one week for this and check in, once things are moved we suspend the account on the alternate server, test, and then remove it.
To move your cPanel account manually, you could go into the "Backups" section of cPanel. Click on Download/Generate a full website backup and save this to you PC once it completes.
Then FTP this file up to the alternate account and ask for us to restore the cPanel package.
After the account is unpacked we can then update the DNS.
If this still interests you at all please feel free to let me know.
Karen S.
Jr. Technical Operations Officer
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Postby AndreaDraco » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:50 am

Another one, just now.
Attachments
STU.png
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Postby BBP » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:08 am

Been getting numerous errors here today, it's getting nasty.
11:32 30-3

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
----
and at 11:55
Error 522 Ray ID: 11336d06b27801b2
Fresh game scripts: KQ4, LSL2 and LSL3! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Postby Collector » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

I have opened a new ticket and reported this.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Collector
Grand Poobah

Previous

Return to Announcements