Steam and GOG sales

Talk about anything you want here
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: Steam and GOG sales

Post by DeadPoolX » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:22 am

There's a Black Friday sale on both Steam and GOG right now. The sale (on both sites) ends on Nov 27.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:33 am

Full Throttle Remastered is free for the next 21 hours:
https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am

The Steam Winter sale is on. Origin has one too; I grabbed "Dragon Age Inquisition" and "Mass Effect Andromeda" for $5 each. :D
Box of Mystery, Adventure Games, Cartoons, Books and more!

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:37 am

Datadog wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am
The Steam Winter sale is on. Origin has one too; I grabbed "Dragon Age Inquisition" and "Mass Effect Andromeda" for $5 each. :D
You may have spent $5 too much on Andromeda... :?

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:43 am

...and on DAI, too. :| Warning: do NOT try to do every single quest in DAI. There are tons of pixel-hunting quests in DAI. If you try to do them all, they'll drive you bananas ... I speak from experience... :?

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:28 am

Tawmis wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:37 am
Oh, I'm well aware of this game's reputation. I'm kind of hoping they didn't patch those animation bugs; they're half the reason I want to play this. The other half being morbid curiosity. :twisted:

I wasn't aware DAI had its quirks, though. My co-workers used to praise it non-stop when it came out. I thought it was supposed to be one of the good ones. :shock:

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 am

Datadog wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:28 am
Tawmis wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:37 am
Oh, I'm well aware of this game's reputation. I'm kind of hoping they didn't patch those animation bugs; they're half the reason I want to play this. The other half being morbid curiosity. :twisted:

I wasn't aware DAI had its quirks, though. My co-workers used to praise it non-stop when it came out. I thought it was supposed to be one of the good ones. :shock:
Heh - I was one of those people who did _every_ quest in DAI, because, I did think it was good. (But that is a _lot_ of _literal_ running around). But the game is entertaining.

For Andromeda - it's not even the glitches (I don't recall any). But every Mass Effect game that's come out, I got on Day 1 and probably finished it within a week (doing every side quest I can find). I've had Andromeda since it came out and still not beaten it.

I won't spoil it; but I see what they tried to do - and it didn't work, for me.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:09 am

Odd - so I went on Steam to see what Winter Sales are there...

I only see Mass Effect 1 and 2 on there... and then Dragon Age and Dragon Age Awakening...

No Andromeda and no Inquisition - even when I search.
Attachments
Image1.png

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:57 am

Tawmis wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:09 am
I found them on sale through Origin. EA hasn't been releasing their newer games on Steam since Mass Effect 3.

DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:05 am

Tawmis wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:09 am
Like Datadog said, starting with ME3, every BioWare game is Origin-only UNLESS it existed before Origin was released. That's why you can find older ME and DA games on Steam and GOG.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend purchasing Andromeda. It's a mess and a sorry excuse for a Mass Effect game. It's almost entirely an action game now with some very, very basic RPG-lite elements and worst of all, you can't manually save during a campaign mission (some of which can last 60 minutes or more).
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:36 am

DeadPoolX wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:05 am
BTW, I wouldn't recommend purchasing Andromeda. It's a mess and a sorry excuse for a Mass Effect game. It's almost entirely an action game now with some very, very basic RPG-lite elements and worst of all, you can't manually save during a campaign mission (some of which can last 60 minutes or more).
Oh, I am well aware! I was just saying how much I disliked Andromeda. I already have it - got it Day 1 (pre-ordered, actually) for the XBOX One.
Datadog wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am

I honestly simply did not see that he mentioned Origin. So I was confused why I wasn't see it. :lol:

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Datadog wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:28 am
Your co-workers are correct. The game is certainly good-looking, has a good plot, good music and excellent sound effects. It's just that - as Tawmis and I mentioned - it also has a HUGE number of side-quests that often involve pixel-hunting. In a gameworld as large as Thedas, that becomes very tedious. :(

If these pixel-hunts were optional, I wouldn't make such a big deal out of them - however, at least one or two are required so you can proceed with a larger quest. I often found myself headdesking and thinking, "Not AGAIN." :(

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:24 pm

I don't mind lots of side-quests, but I''ll be curious to see how DA3's side-quests compare to Skyrim. In that one, side-quests kept running up to me, hunting me down, and appearing in my bedroom at night so often that I actively avoided exploring half the map just to keep from finding more. :P

And it's weird that Andromeda disabled saving. I remember ME3 doing that during the last few missions, which is why I always end the game on the "Citadel" DLC now. Still not as bad as the ending three-hour boss fight of Final Fantasy 7 (where you can't save, are constantly near-death, and the boss blows up the sun every five minutes) but thanks for the heads-up.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Datadog wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:24 pm
Still not as bad as the ending three-hour boss fight of Final Fantasy 7 (where you can't save, are constantly near-death, and the boss blows up the sun every five minutes) but thanks for the heads-up.
Effing Seperoth...

I am positive, since my PS1 and my PS2 both work - that if I checked - the memory card still has that FF7 save... right before that fight...

I could never beat him, even after dumping lifetimes into that game... because you needed to have those mana stones in a specific order to ideally survive his summons... because it does like 9,999 damage _EVERY_ freaking time...

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:07 pm

7th Guest 25th Year Edition is on sale on GOG for less than $4.
https://www.gog.com/game/the_7th_guest_ ... ry_edition