Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: TV Series

Post by Tawmis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Datadog wrote: Heroes
My Name is Earl
Reaper

I've been aware of Supernatural and have heard good things. It just struck me as one of those Buffy rip-offs that wouldn't be around very long when I first saw the previews years ago. When I'm done with the other shows, I'll see about making time for it.
Thanks for reminding me!

Heroes - Another one I watch. Although I was disappointed with the fate of the guy who did the sound thing (this season - don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not watched it or may not be in the US). I had an interest in the character because he was on the show Veronica Mars, which I loved. And since "Elle"/Veronica Mars was on Heroes I was hoping they'd be on the show together for some time.

My Name Is Earl - I don't watch it religiously. But when I do it's always hilarious.

Reaper - How the heck did I forget this one? Some of the greatest comedy on tv right now is on this show!

As for Supernatural - the first season is sort of like a Buffy thing... but it's not just vampires and demons - they put a lot more depth (and this is saying something, as I actually loved Buffy also) - but once the first season comes to an end, the rest of the seasons are very, very, very story driven - to the point that I am actually bummed there isn't just the occassional random monster anymore.

Supernatural is a very fun show. The two brothers have a perfect chemistry.

It's one of the few shows ever that I'd give a 10 out of 10. Seriously. There hasn't been a single bad episode - and they're on their fourth season.

misslilo
Caffeine Queen

Post by misslilo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Tawmis wrote:Supernatural is a very fun show. The two brothers have a perfect chemistry.
Christ - now I know which show that is. Sheesh, it was called something entirely different here, so I didn't make the connection until you mentioned the brothers :lol: So, yeah - liked that one too a whole lot.

Same goes for Veronica Mars - she's just - cool 8-)
"You cannot escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova
Twitter/Steam/Twitch: @wowdane

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 pm

misslilo wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Supernatural is a very fun show. The two brothers have a perfect chemistry.
Christ - now I know which show that is. Sheesh, it was called something entirely different here, so I didn't make the connection until you mentioned the brothers :lol: So, yeah - liked that one too a whole lot.

Same goes for Veronica Mars - she's just - cool 8-)
:lol: about Supernatural.

As for VERONICA MARS... yes, I loved that show. I tried to get on there as an extra since it's filmed like 10 miles from where I live. :)

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:50 pm

I have the first season of Supernatural, but I have yet to see it.

By the way: only another fan of Lost... only one :cry:

@Datadog: tell me, are you for Jack or for Locke or for another character? I'm a big fan of Sawyer! (and Ben) :P
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:52 pm

AndreaDraco83 wrote:I have the first season of Supernatural, but I have yet to see it.

By the way: only another fan of Lost... only one :cry:

@Datadog: tell me, are you for Jack or for Locke or for another character? I'm a big fan of Sawyer! (and Ben) :P
I used to be a fan of Lost. USED to be. Until the statue with three toes thing. Then I said, "I'm out. They're making this up as they go."

Have they even explained the numbers yet? The biggest hype of the show when LOST started and four (?) seasons in and there's nothing to explain the numbers that keep coming up. I bailed out.

I refused to even watch that movie that JJ Abrams did just because of how disappointed I was in LOST.

JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Don't really watch that much TV. Except for The Clone Wars, I mostly watch reruns of Seinfeld and King of Queens.

I watched Lost for the first couple of seasons, but it didn't interest me. 24's interesting when I can catch it, and so is Bones. I watched the first season of the Sarah Conner Chronicles and loved it, but I haven't been able to start the 2nd season yet.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Tawmis wrote: Have they even explained the numbers yet? The biggest hype of the show when LOST started and four (?) seasons in and there's nothing to explain the numbers that keep coming up. I bailed out.
Consider that my favorite TV show is Twin Peaks: I'm kinda used to the lack of explanation :P

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:40 pm

AndreaDraco83 wrote:
Tawmis wrote: Have they even explained the numbers yet? The biggest hype of the show when LOST started and four (?) seasons in and there's nothing to explain the numbers that keep coming up. I bailed out.
Consider that my favorite TV show is Twin Peaks: I'm kinda used to the lack of explanation :P
:lol: And I'd never knock you for it. :) Was just explaining I was REALLY into LOST when it first started. So I was a fan! :)

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:42 pm

You've to get back to it. Season 4 is wonderful!

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:01 pm

AndreaDraco83 wrote:@Datadog: tell me, are you for Jack or for Locke or for another character? I'm a big fan of Sawyer! (and Ben) :P
I'm for Vincent. That dog is so awesome.

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:02 pm

:shock:

:o

That dog is hiding a secret, I know it for sure...

HarroSIN
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by HarroSIN » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:55 pm

I haven't watched television in a good while... just nothing that interesting on anymore. I missed the first few seasons of shows like 24 and Lost, so I plan on buying the boxsets and go through them before catching the new episodes. The only prime-time show I have taken interest in is Nip/Tuck. It's great, but the seasons are always rather shorter than other series. Other than that, my new 42-inch HDTV is collecting dust. :P
Visit my website for the Phantasmagoria 2 XP Installer (Phan2XP):
http://leonhart.us/

ThePudd
Sierra Fan

Post by ThePudd » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Eh...pretty much only snips of Chuck, some Flight of the Conchords, and The Colbert Report.
Watched the first Heroes Season, but for some reason I haven't caught up... :?

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:52 pm

ThePudd wrote:Eh...pretty much only snips of Chuck, some Flight of the Conchords, and The Colbert Report.
2nd season is kinda rough because it happened during the writer's strike which jacked things up... And I like Chuck... fun show - but behind on this season (they're on the DVR, however).

ThePudd
Sierra Fan

Post by ThePudd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Tawmis wrote:
ThePudd wrote:Eh...pretty much only snips of Chuck, some Flight of the Conchords, and The Colbert Report.
2nd season is kinda rough because it happened during the writer's strike which jacked things up... And I like Chuck... fun show - but behind on this season (they're on the DVR, however).

Yeah, the writer's strike came at rather an inopportune time...I might end up getting the DVD of the 2nd season, just not sure whether it'll be worth it. (probably not)
So far, I'm still catching up on the first season of Chuck, but I've enjoyed it so far.